Hormone Balancing for Women
It’s not just about menopause. Many disorders can be helped with hormone therapy.
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy
Who Needs BHRT?
Hormone Therapy isn’t just about menopause anymore. While BHRT can help many conditions related to hormone imbalances, it is able to greatly benefit women by improving the conditions of perimenopause, menopause, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), PMS, and irregular periods.
- Perimenopause – Perimenopause is the period of transition during which the body undergoes hormonal changes, resulting from declining ovarian hormone production. Perimenopause can last from 4-6 years and usually ends after twelve months of amenorrhea. Symptoms of perimenopause can include irregular menstrual periods, painful periods, increased PMS, acne, hot flashes, vaginal dryness, insomnia, and mood swings
- Menopause – Menopause is a gradual process that happens when a woman’s ovaries make less estrogen and progesterone, and her lifetime supply of eggs becomes depleted, which typically occurs between ages 41-59. A woman is considered to have reached menopause when she hasn’t menstruated for 12 months. Symptoms of menopause include hot flashes, flushes, night sweats, cold flashes, irritability, mood swings, insomnia, low libido, trouble sleeping, anxiety, and depression.
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) – PCOS can be a result of a surplus of androgens, or male hormones in the female body. PCOS is characterized by small, fluid filled sacs forming on the ovaries and causing symptoms of body hair growth, acne, scalp hair loss, no menstrual period, infertility, and depression. Amenorrhea, which is no period, may also result from PCOS causing a fallopian tube obstruction. BHRT may be able to help with some of the symptoms related to PCOS.
- Pre-Menstrual Syndrome (PMS) – PMS can become more extreme with hormone imbalances and may come with increased dysmenorrhea, or painful periods, which can occur due to increased prostaglandins, fibroids, pelvic inflammatory disease, or endometriosis. Enhanced PMS may also cause more mood swings, headaches, cramps, excessive bloating, and breast pain.
- Irregular Menstrual Periods Hormone – Imbalances can cause menstrual periods to come early, late, or not at all. Menstrual irregularities can result in heavier periods, which can happen when excess progesterone makes the uterine lining thicker than usual. Infertility can also occur from the failure to ovulate or produce an egg. Hormone fluctuations may cause periods to be unpredictable, and can cause PMS to be abnormally painful. Over time, fertility may be permanently affected.
Women are turning to natural hormone replacement for the above disorders, as well as women who no longer have symptoms of menopause that can still benefit significantly with reduction in risk of diseases such as heart attacks, stroke, dementia, osteoporosis and more.
Benefits For Couples
Our most satisfied patients tend to be partners of existing patients who have witnessed their “better half” reap the rewards of hormone therapy and now want to experience the same improvements in physical, mental and sexual health.
It is strongly recommended that both husband and wife go into this program together as hormone therapy for men is also available. It isn’t required, but women who go it alone can find themselves quite frustrated. Must we elaborate?
How strong are the sexual effects? To put it mildly, plan more leisure time in your life, and you might want to dust off that Victoria Secret credit card again… and double the credit limit.
If you think your partner may be experiencing a hormonal imbalance of any kind, it is important to bring this to his attention. Keep in mind that the problems and issues associated with low hormones are very sensitive for both parties and are often a source of frustration, mood instability, and sometimes even anger. At the end of the day communication is the key.
During our years of practice, we have treated many individuals who are in a loving relationship. What better way to experience the results and benefits of hormone therapy than with a loved one. We have literally “saved” relationships by reigniting the interest, passion and love that had diminished over the years.
Medical Disclaimer: All information on this site is of a general nature and is furnished for your knowledge and understanding only. This information is not to be taken as medical or other health advice pertaining to your specific health and medical condition.